Pages

4.03.2021

watercolor eggs

 


I've seen these beautiful watercolor Easter eggs floating around Pinterest, achieved by rolling the eggs around in shaving cream and several drops of food coloring, but the idea of using shaving cream was kind of icky to me, since egg shells are porous. So I googled to see if the project would be successful using cool whip, and sure enough! (I figured real whipped cream would probably destabilize.)

I soaked the hardboiled eggs in vinegar and water for about 10 minutes, then dried each one off before rolling it around in the whip. We used two 8 oz. containers of whipped topping and several drops of food coloring. I made sure to put colors that would look okay mixed beside each other, to avoid brown or gray eggs: yellow, then red, then blue, then green.

We are so pleased with the final product! They all have lovely pastel colors. Afterward, the kids dipped strawberries in the leftover cool whip and uhh.. hey, I'm not saying I'm judging but... I'm judging.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails