Pages

6.24.2014

sweet potato, avocado, and chevre quesadillas



This will remain one of my all-time favorite lunches! I made this one afternoon when I didn't have a whole lot of food on hand. Luckily, I was feeling creative. I decided to combine three of my favorite flavors, and was so pleasantly surprised with the result. I need to make these again. Soon.

Directions for making one quesadilla. Use as much of the following ingredients as you want.



Sweet potato, very thinly sliced
Onion, sliced
Avocado
1 oz. chevre
2 tortillas
Softened butter

Saute the sweet potato in oil of choice for about ten minutes (I prefer butter or coconut oil). Add the onion and saute until translucent. Remove from heat. Generously spread softened butter evenely on one side of the first tortilla and place butter-side down in pre-heated skillet. Make sure the bottom of the tortilla is covered in butter -- this will make sure it is evenly toasted. While the tortilla heats up, add a layer of sweet potato & onion, avocado, and chevre. Salt & pepper to taste. Cover with the second buttered tortilla, butter-side up, and when the bottom tortilla looks golden brown, flip the quesadilla. When that side is golden brown as well, remove from heat and serve! You won't want to share.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails